Have you done a clean install or accidently deleted the HP printer application called HP Utility? You can still print using your HP printer with Apple’s AirPrint. But if you want to use all of the printer’s other features like scanning or print via email, then you will need to install and configure the HP Utility application.
Normally this wouldn’t be an issue. Most companies let you easily download software from their website. However, HP doesn’t. But this tutorial will help you solve this problem.
Here’s how to download and install the HP Utility application for Macintosh OS X.
01) Select System Preferences from Under the Apple Menu
02) Click on the “Print & Scan” icon
03) Click the Plus button
04) Select the printer.
In the screenshot above I’ve selected the HP Officejet Pro 8600. This is just an example for this tutorial. Please select your specific HP printer.
05) Click on the “Use” drop-down menu and select your printer model. Do NOT select AirPrint.
Make sure that you do NOT select AirPrint. If you select AirPrint, then you won’t be able to use any of your HP printer’s extra features like scanning and faxing. You will only be able to print. Selecting AirPrint will defeat the entire purpose of this tutorial.
06) Click the Add button.
07) Double-click on your newly created print queue and click Settings.
08) Click the Utility tab and then click Open Printer Utility.
09) That’s It!
You did it! Your computer will now automatically download and install the HP printer driver (if you are connected to the Internet) which also includes the HP Utility application. Keep the HP Utility app in your Dock for easy access.
- HOW TO: Turn on Location Services in Mac OS X [tutorial] (methodshop.com)
- Apple’s Shipping Strategy = Little Things in Small Packages [pic] (methodshop.com)
- The Ladies of Star Wars Playing Cards [review] (methodshop.com)
Powered by WPeMatico